DUO TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION
When it comes to online security, we know how important it is that your employees accounts cannot be compromised. IDT has partnered up with Duo to add a second layer of security, which prevents anyone but the intended user from logging on, even if they know your password.
Once you've enrolled with the Duo service, you'll log in as usual with your username and password, but then use your device to verify that it's you.
This is a guide on how to register your phone and install the Duo Mobile application on your smartphone or tablet.
When you first log in to a new device, browser or application with your email address, Duo will prompt you to enrol to set up your two-factor authentication.
1. Click “Start Setup” to begin enrolling your device
CHOOSE YOUR AUTHENTICATION DEVICE TYPE
1. Select the type of device you'd like to enrol and click “Continue”. We recommend using a smartphone for the best experience
TYPE YOUR PHONE NUMBER
1. Select your country and type in your phone number. Use the number of the smartphone that you will have with you when you’re logging into a protected service.
2. Then double-check that you entered it correctly, check the box, and click “Continue”.
1. Choose your device's operating system and click “Continue”.
INSTALL DUO MOBILE
Duo Mobile is an app that runs on your smartphone and helps you authenticate quickly and easily. Without it you'll still be able to log in using a phone call or text message, but for the best experience we recommend that you use Duo Mobile.
1. Follow the platform-specific instructions on the screen to install Duo Mobile.
2. After installing our app return to the enrolment window and click “I have Duo Mobile installed”. This will look the same on screen if you have Android, we have used iOS as a demonstration.
ACTIVATE DUO MOBILE
Activating the app links it to your account so you can use it for authentication.
1. On iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone activate Duo Mobile by scanning the barcode with the app's built-in barcode scanner. Follow the platform specific instructions for your device on the app:
2. The "Continue" button is clickable after you scan the barcode successfully.
Your device is ready to approve Duo authentication requests.
1. Click “Send me a Push” to give it a try. All you need to do is tap “Approve” on the Duo login request received at your phone.
If you are having any issues with Duo’s setup or functionality, please contact IDT Support's helpdesk.